Creating a Distribution Powerhouse: Why Rapid Deployment Matters
Ask yourself this: what would your opportunity costs be if your distribution operations could not accommodate changes in volumes, product assortments or delivery timelines?
If your distribution center were to require an overhaul and redesign to accommodate changes in volumes, product assortments or delivery timelines - how quickly could you make this happen? In months? Maybe a year? On the other hand, what would the opportunity costs be if you could not accommodate these changes quickly? As a fast-growing business, how can you convert your traditional distribution center into a world-class powerhouse - quickly enough to maintain or even create a competitive advantage?
Making the right automation decision for your business starts by asking the right questions:
- Is your company’s growth five years from now difficult to predict?
- Is your growth being stunted by limitations within your DC
- Is there a chance your company will be expanding its product-line with goods of different shapes and sizes than what you currently sell?
- Do you want to offer next-day shipping but your DC cycle-time does not make that feasible?
- Are you competing with other companies that are able offer greater merchandise variety?
- Do you have a hard time staying ahead of orders during the holiday or peak season?
- Will you soon be outgrowing your current warehouse?
- Do you plan to launch an eCommerce site?
- Does a year-long process to get an effective new DC in place feel overwhelming?
Did you answer yes to even one of the above questions?
If so, read Creating a Distribution Powerhouse: Why Rapid Deployment Matters to learn more about the importance of rapid deployment with Kiva.
Subscribe to Logistics Management Magazine!Subscribe today. It's FREE!
Get timely insider information that you can use to better manage your entire logistics operation.
Start your FREE subscription today!
Transportation Trends and Best Practices: The Battle for the Last Mile 2017 Technology Roundtable: Are we closer to “Intelligent” Logistics? View More From this Issue