National e-commerce experts convene in KC
March 31, 2014
A recent study by the United Postal Service identified Kansas City as the optimal location for an e-commerce fulfillment facility due to its low costs and central location.
To capitalize on that observation, national experts from some of the country’s largest retail brands are gathering in Kansas City for KC SmartPort’s “KC Delivers” forum to discuss how electronic commerce is changing their business strategies and operations.
“E-commerce sales are exploding, with more than half of U.S. customers now buying directly from brands online,” says Chris Gutierrez, president, KC SmartPort
National e-commerce sales were more than $232 billion in 2013 and are expected to reach $370 billion by 2017.
The event takes place on Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. at the Bartle Hall Ballroom 2103, Kansas City Convention Center, Kansas City, Mo.
• Alison Jarlett, managing director of international sales, United Postal Service
• John Matta, vice president of logistics, Foot Locker
• Jerry McDonald, senior vice president of retail, OHL
• David Repp, vice president of North American distribution, American Eagle
• David Stein, chief operating officer, Title Boxing
Panelists will discuss current e-commerce strategies, how the retail store experience is adapting, changing labor force requirements and ideal locations for e-commerce fulfillment facilities.
For more information:
Subscribe to Logistics Management magazine
entire logistics operation. Start your FREE subscription today!