Reusable Packaging Association announces 2011 leadership team
The Reusable Packaging Association (RPA) has elected its 2011 Executive Committee and Board members.
Latest NewsState of Logistics 2016: Pursue mutual benefit Fitch Ratings’ 2017 outlook report reflects shippers’ concerns Interlake Mecalux expands distribution with new Dallas facility Other Voices: How supply chain analytics can help drive data-driven decisions November non-manufacturing activity turns in strong performance, reports ISM More News
Latest ResourceSix Ways Cloud ERP Supports Rapid Innovation Kenandy is a new approach to ERP that lets you and your team focus on driving innovation, creating new product lines, and expanding your customer base even as you improve your business operations.
The Reusable Packaging Association (RPA) has elected its 2011 Executive Committee and Board members. The new leadership includes several returning members as well as an expanded board to reflect the association’s growth. Formed in 1998, the RPA is the leading trade association dedicated to promoting the expansion and value of reusable packaging systems for greater supply chain efficiencies, increased environmental benefits and reduced costs.
The 2011 RPA Executive Committee will be led by Drew Merrill, chairman of the board. Merrill is vice president of business development and strategic planning, Container and Pooling Solutions, Inc. Other Executive Committee members are: Mike Hatchman, RPA vice chairman, and senior vice president business development, IFCO Systems N.A., Inc.; John Frey, RPA secretary/treasurer, and president of Tosca Limited; Jon Kalin, RPA immediate past chairman (ex officio) and sales and marketing manager, Rehrig Pacific Company; and Jerry Welcome, RPA president and CEO (ex officio).
The Members of the 2011 RPA Board of Directors are:
• Phil Davis, senior perishables supply chain manager, The Kroger Company
• Dave Harvey, busSiness development – director, IPL, Inc
• Robert Engle, president NA, Schoeller Arca Systems Inc., serving a second term
• Pat Kennedy, president, The Kennedy Group
• Eric Frank, general manager -RPC LLC, Georgia Pacific, serving a second term
• Norm Kukuk, vice president, Product Management, Orbis Corporation
• Carl Glick, senior vice president of operations, Polymer Logistics, US
• Rich Larson, national accounts manager, Buckhorn Inc.
• Lewis Taffer, chief marketing officer, iGPS
• Robert Zachrich, vice president, sales and marketing, The Fabri-Form Company, serving a second term
• Rick Sasse, direc¬tor of custom transport packaging, Trienda LLC
“We are very pleased that several board members were willing to serve again,” said Mr. Merrill, incoming Chair. “Their experience will provide continuity of senior level leadership that will complement the insights and ideas of new board members.”
In addition, the following board members have been selected to lead their respective committees in accomplishing the group’s goals and objectives in 2011:
• Membership Committee: co-chairs Phil Davis, senior perishables supply chain manager, The Kroger Company; and Robert Zachrich, vice president sales and marketing, Fabri-Form Company
• Communications Committee: Walt Tullis, vice president sales and marketing – Americas, Schoeller Arca Systems, Inc.
• Education Committee: Bob Klimko, director of marketing, Orbis Corporation
• Industry Relations: Lane Pence, director, growth strategy, CHEP USA
The Board of Directors is responsible for developing the strategic direction for the association and providing the leadership and business acumen to implement RPA’s Strategic Plan. The RPA committees are responsible for taking the policy initiatives adopted by the Board and developing and delivering programs and services that provide the membership and their customers real value during the coming year.
Subscribe to Logistics Management Magazine!Subscribe today. It's FREE!
Get timely insider information that you can use to better manage your entire logistics operation.
Start your FREE subscription today!
Warehouse & DC Operations Survey: Ready to confront complexity 2016 Quest for Quality Awards Dinner View More From this Issue