Tuesday, April 10, 2012
March shipments at 1.094 were up 2.1 percent compared to February and down 1.3 percent compared to March 2011. Expenditures at 2.317 were up 1.0 percent compared to February and up 4.3 percent compared to March 2011.
Diesel prices resumed its growth path this week, increasing $0.6 cents to $4.148 cents per gallon and remaining above the $4 per gallon mark for the seventh straight week, according to the Department of Energy’s Energy Information Administration (EIA).
Posted on 04/10 at 08:43 AM
Diesel Prices •
Monday, April 09, 2012
The survey revealed that the number of carriers saying they are using more brokerage services doubled from 15 percent in August 2011 to nearly 33 percent in February 2012, with 67 percent saying they are using fewer brokers.
Supply Chain managers may expect to see a dramatic acceleration of globalization efforts that will likely increase the number of procurement jobs performed offshore by more than 50 percent by 2013
Posted on 04/09 at 09:16 AM
Global Trade •
Saturday, April 07, 2012
Mexican President Felipe Calderón visits Cuba this week, signaling greater hemispheric cooperation with the “closed loop” economy of the tiny island nation
Posted on 04/07 at 09:29 AM
Global Trade •
Friday, April 06, 2012
While transportation infrastructure funding on a federal level continues to be strung along by a series of continuing resolutions to keep federal funding for surface transportation intact at current levels, one area which remains in high demand is the United States Department of Transportation’s TIGER (Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery) grant program.
March carloads—at 1,123,298—were down 69,190 carloads or 1.9 percent annually. Intermodal—at 928,350 trailers and containers—was up 31,348 units or 2.4 percent compared to March 2011.
Thursday, April 05, 2012
Company officials said that this acquisition, which is expected to close this summer, is part of its growth strategy in Europe and is expected to supplement FedEx’ service portfolio in Poland.
Posted on 04/05 at 01:28 PM
The PCI was up 0.3 percent in March, following February’s 0.7 percent gain. This cumulative 1.0 percent increase does not offset January’s 1.7 percent decline to start the year.
ACT reported that preliminary net orders in March for heavy-duty Class 8 vehicles in North American markets will come in around 20,000 units, while FTR Associates pegged it at 19,682 units.