Modex 2014: Co-located educational events provide further insights
January 16, 2014 - MMH Editorial
In addition to Modex’s three keynotes and 90-plus educational seminars held on the show floor—all sponsored by MHI—13 other materials handling, supply chain and logistics industry-affiliated groups have also convened to host their own educational events at the show.
“Co-locating these 13 events with Modex 2014 gives manufacturing, distribution and supply chain professionals additional education and networking opportunities,” says George Prest, CEO of MHI. “These co-located events complement the existing conference at Modex 2014, which provides valuable insight into the trends and innovations impacting supply chains.”
“For our members, attendees and exhibitors, the co-locations add even more value to the event; the largest being the Georgia Logistics Summit which hosted 2,000 attendees from 30 states and nine countries at their 2013 event. Summit officials expect to draw even more in conjunction with Modex 2014,” Prest adds.
Co-located event sponsors include:
• The Association of Professional Material Handling Consultants (APMHC)
• American Society of Transportation & Logistics (AST&L)
• Atlanta Metro Chamber
• The Center for Excellence in Logistics and Distribution (CELDi)
• The College-Industry Council on Material Handling Education (CICMHE)
• Georgia Center of Innovation for Logistics / The Georgia Logistics Summit
• The Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) Supply Chain & Logistics Institute
• Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC)
• Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association (MHEDA)
• National Wooden Pallet and Container Association (NWPCA)
• Order Fulfillment Solutions Council (OFS)
• Technical Career Education Program (TCEP)
• Warehousing Education & Research Council (WERC)
Sessions run throughout the four days of the show, with some requiring separate registration and fees. Events included free with Modex 2014 registration are:
MONDAYMarch 17, 2014
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.: MODEX University (CICMHE), featuring university faculty presenting 50 minute sessions with information to improve supply chain operations efficiency. Sessions include:
• 10:00 a.m.– 11:00 a.m.: Bringing Ergonomics to Distribution Centers, presented by Steve Lavender from Ohio State University.
• 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Plug and Work Material Handling, presented by Kevin Gue from Auburn University.
• 1:00 p.m.– 2:00 p.m.: Construction of an Initial Layout for a Production or Service Facility, presented by Jose Ventura from Penn State University and Abraham Mendoza from Panamericana University.
• 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Next-Generation Supply Chains, presented by Elif Akcali from University of Florida.
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Has Technology Changed The Way We Train Employees? sponsored by American Society of Transportation and Logistics (ASTL)
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.: Supply Chain Management in 2030 (WERC)
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.: National Certifications, the Solution to Building the Current and Next Generation Pipeline of Entry- to Frontline-Workers in Material Handling and Distribution Throughout Supply Chain and Logistics Facilities (MSSC)
4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.: Networking Reception (free, but RSVP required) for Current and Prospective Members of the Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association and Warehousing Education & Research Council (MHEDA & WERC)
TUESDAYMarch 18, 2014
8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.: Order Fulfillment Solutions Council Annual Membership Breakfast (OFS)
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.: Design of Wood Pallets to Meet Unit Load Handing System Requirements (NWPCA)
10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.: Lean for Less: 11 Quick, Low-Cost Ways to Make Your Warehouse or DC Lean (WERC)
1:30 - 2:30 p.m.: DC Measures Study – The Metrics You Use (WERC)
3:00 – 4:00 p.m.: Warehouse Employee Opinion Survey – 2013 Results (WERC)
WEDNESDAYMarch 19, 2014
2:00 - 3:00 p.m.: National Certifications, the Solution to Building the Current and Next Generation Pipeline of Entry- to Frontline-Workers in Material Handling and Distribution Throughout Supply Chain and Logistics Facilities (MSSC)
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Industry Titan Talk (CELDi)
Modex 2014 is scheduled to be held March 17-20, 2014 in Atlanta’s Georgia World Conference Center. The tradeshow will showcase the latest manufacturing, distribution and supply chain solutions in the material handling and logistics industry. Modern’s complete Modex 2014 coverage.
Subscribe to Logistics Management magazine
entire logistics operation. Start your FREE subscription today!