Modex 2014 keynotes and exhibitor numbers announced
November 11, 2013 - MMH Editorial
When the industry’s largest expo for manufacturing and the supply chain, Modex 2014, opens on March 17 it will include more than 800 exhibits covering 250,000 square feet.
Including the collocation of events like Supply Chain & Transportation USA (SC&T USA) and the Georgia Logistics Summit, Modex 2014 will be the largest international expo and conference of its kind held in North America. Tens of thousands of manufacturing and supply chain professionals from more than 100 countries will attend.
The Modex Supply Chain Conference will include nearly 200 complimentary educational sessions outlining leading trends, best practices and state-of-the-art equipment and technology solutions. Modex keynotes will feature Edward H. Bastian, president of Delta Air Lines; former Walmart CEO Lee Scott; and Scott Sopher, principal with Deloitte Consulting LLP’s Supply Chain practice.
“Collocating Supply Chain and Transportation USA with Modex 2014 will allow manufacturing and supply chain professionals unparalleled education and networking opportunities as well as exposure to the broadest material handling, logistics and supply chain equipment and technology display of any show of its kind in North America,” said George Prest, chief executive officer for MHI.
“We listened to what attendees and those in the industry wanted, and they wanted a complete supply chain event,” said Laurent Noel, of SC&T USA. “With the collaboration of SC&T USA and Modex, we’ve brought material handling, transportation & logistics together effectively. Add to that, the unsurpassed educational content from our Knowledge Partner, Georgia Logistics Summit, this is an all-inclusive, can’t-miss event showcasing the newest, most innovative ideas throughout the supply chain across multiple sectors.”
“For attendees and exhibitors, these collocations add even more value to the Modex 2014 event,” added Prest. “Reed Exhibitions, the producer of SC&T USA, is a recognized as a global leader in supply chain and logistics events. Additionally, the 2013 Georgia Logistics Summit hosted over 2,000 attendees from 30 states and nine nations and expects to draw even more in conjunction with Modex 2014. In today’s world where agile and innovative supply chains are a necessity, the collocation is a win-win for exhibitors and attendees.”
“The Georgia Logistics Summit is proud to be partnering again with Modex in 2014 and as the Knowledge Partner for the inaugural SC&T USA show debuting with Modex 2014,” said Page Siplon, executive director of the Georgia Center of Innovation for Logistics.
Additional groups collocating their events with Modex 2014 include:
• American Professional Material Handling Consultants (APMHC)
• American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME MHED)
• American Society of Transportation & Logistics (AST&L)
• The Center for Excellence in Logistics and Distribution (CELDi)
• The College-Industry Council on Material Handling Education (CICMHE)
• The Georgia Institute of Technology Supply Chain and Logistics Institute
• Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC)
• Material Handling & Logistics Roadmap
• Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association (MHEDA)
• Material Handling Management Society (MHMS)
• Metro Atlanta Chamber Supply Chain Leadership Council
• National Wooden Pallet Container Association (NWPCA)
• Technical Career Education Program (TCEP)
• Warehousing Education & Research Council (WERC)
Subscribe to Logistics Management magazine
entire logistics operation. Start your FREE subscription today!