Shipping to Canada? Avoid Common Customs Mistakes and Facilitate the Clearance Process
Thursday, April 27, 2017 | 2pm ET
Transportation in the NewsQ4 2017 Rail/Intermodal Roundtable: Improvements apparent; work remains Truck tonnage bounces back in October, reports ATA Diesel average sees slight decline Bolloré Logistics partners with OroCommerce in B2B Ecommerce Deal Commtrex and Rockwood Steel study addresses operations gaps in freight railroad sector More Transportation News
Transportation ResourceMaximizing Your Sales Team’s Effectiveness Companies need to examine how to restructure their sales team to respond to different customers and subsequent buying behaviors and preferences.
Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:00PM
Patrick Burnson, Executive Editor, Logistics Management
Ryan Hopp, Director of Strategic Sales, Purolator
Timothy Wendling, Corporate Manager, Network Operations and Engineering, Purolator
Are your shipments being held up at the border? According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), incomplete paperwork and missing documentation are the top reasons shipments are delayed at the border. As many businesses have learned first-hand, these oversights can be frustrating, stressful and costly—and also avoidable.
During this webcast Purolator's experts will detail changes in U.S. and Canadian customs practices that allow U.S. businesses faster access to the Canadian market, including opportunities to 'level the playing field' with Canadian competitors.
Key takeaways include:
- Shipments lacking complete documentation, including tariff code assignment and "other government department (OGD)" permits, will be delayed.
- Businesses can qualify for expedited clearance through "trusted trader" programs.
- U.S. businesses that register as "Non-Resident Importers" can, in many ways, compete on an even level with Canadian competitors.
- Opportunities exist for businesses to minimize fees and duty obligations
- Proper recordkeeping is essential. Both CBP and CBSA have increased the number of audits conducted annually.
Subscribe to Logistics Management Magazine!Subscribe today. It's FREE!
Get timely insider information that you can use to better manage your entire logistics operation.
Start your FREE subscription today!
34th Annual Quest for Quality Awards: 2017 Awards Dinner Trucking Regulations: Washington U-Turns; States put hammer down View More From this Issue